Tuesday 2 August 2011

Treasured Photo

 Hello everyone :)
Last month I entered the UK Scrappers House challenge with this layout.
The challenge was to use a photo that was not perfect, one that you would probably not normally scrap. There was also a sketch to follow which I squished up to fit on to a 8.5 x 11" layout.

 My mum recently bought a fab new gadget. It scans old negatives and slides, they can then be saved as .jpeg images ready for printing. My mum has always been a keen photographer and took lots of pictures of us as we grew up. 
The focus of the layout is about having this opportunity to see these old photos and remember my childhood.


The layout has a very 70's feel with these gorgeous DP's from Crate Paper and My Minds Eye.
I have used the Martha Stewart punch Doily lace, and machine stitched around all the pieces.

I seem to have a thing about butterflies at the moment lol! they keep appearing on all my projects!


I have added lots of Stickles to highlight the fabulous patterns on the paper and of course the butterflies.

And this is the photo my sister and I in the late 70's about 1978. I'm the one at the front ;)
Have a good day thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Michele x

2 comments:

  1. Oh you haven't changed one bit Michele lol. What a great gadget to have. I love the layout, perfect for that 70's feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous LO to treasure and I just adore that HUGE butterfly. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails