Wednesday 20 May 2009

Bloomin' LO

This is another catch-up post! This LO was made for the release of the C4E May kit on the 1st of May, if you think that's bad I still have the April kit LO's to post!! LOL!!
The LO is the first of a double LO I am doing inspired by a technique shared by carolinejane on UKS you can see here LO HERE
Pretty much everything on the LO is from the May kit (the chip brackets and pin are not in the kit) The LO has a lot of machine sewing on it and torn edges. This is the first time I've used the sewing machine on a LO and loved it. I've done a bit of hand stitching (still to share!) and faux stitching. The Photo is my youngest son Alixander, enjoying some beautiful flowers in Ashcombe park. I have an identical photo of my eldest for the second page.
The technique I followed involved sewing a double border around the photo, cutting the PP in between and rolling it back to reveal the cs beneath. Well worth a go!!

I covered a Bazzill chipboard ribbon slide (in kit) with some of the pattern paper, inked the edges and added ribbon and no. stickers (not in kit!) The pin is from a ribbon spool , i have added a few extra beads (in kit!) and pinned it to the ribbon.






The flowers took forever!! The 3 flowers have 2 layers each, all 6 flower pieces have been hand sewn with backstitch, edges inked and petals pinched. You can just about see the glitter lace cs flowers underneath which have also been inked slightly.
Back soon with more catch-ups!!!
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Michele xx

1 comment:

Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails